* A enjoyable little bit of trivia (through Adam Feldman): which Supreme Court docket justice cites legislation evaluation articles most frequently? (Trace: he does so quite a bit in dissent.) [Empirical SCOTUS]
* Charles Glasser argues that Senator Claire McCaskill — who’s in a tough reelection fight towards a former SCOTUS clerk, Josh Hawley — advocates a transfer that “represents a transparent and current hazard to investigative journalism.” [Daily Caller]
* It’s useful to Josh Hawley that President Donald Trump is so well-liked in Missouri — even amongst ladies, apparently sufficient. [Althouse]
* Immigration legislation is a sizzling subject today, thanks largely to President Trump — so it is sensible that Fastcase and the American Immigration Legal professionals Affiliation (AILA) are launching a brand new legislation journal targeted on this fascinating and complicated space of legislation. [Dewey B Strategic]
* Talking of immigration, Ilya Somin refutes the argument that migrants ought to simply keep residence and “repair their very own international locations.” [Volokh Conspiracy / Reason]
* Who says chapter attorneys and judges don’t know learn how to have a superb time? [Texas Bankruptcy Lawyer’s Blog]
David Lat is editor at massive and founding editor of Above the Regulation, in addition to the writer of Supreme Ambitions: A Novel. He beforehand labored as a federal prosecutor in Newark, New Jersey; a litigation affiliate at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz; and a legislation clerk to Decide Diarmuid F. O’Scannlain of the U.S. Court docket of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. You may join with David on Twitter (@DavidLat), LinkedIn, and Facebook, and you’ll attain him by e-mail at [email protected].