* Adam Feldman identifies eight points the place broadly divergent state legal guidelines might result in Supreme Court docket intervention. [Empirical SCOTUS]
* Jonathan Adler wonders why it took so lengthy for NBC to report on the inconsistencies and discrepancies within the allegations that Julie Swetnick made towards Justice Brett Kavanaugh. [Bench Memos / National Review]
* Plainly Cesar Sayoc didn’t restrict himself to threatening distinguished liberals and progressives; he apparently went after Ilya Somin as effectively. [Reason / Volokh Conspiracy]
* A riddle from Mark Lemley (through Orly Lobel): what’s the “most Silicon Valley truth ever”? [PrawfsBlawg]
* Congratulations to Bloomberg Legislation on the launch of its newest providing in litigation analytics. [Artificial Lawyer]
* And congratulations to Fastcase on its newest deal, the acquisition of Legislation Avenue Media. [Dewey B Strategic]
David Lat is editor at giant and founding editor of Above the Legislation, in addition to the creator of Supreme Ambitions: A Novel. He beforehand labored as a federal prosecutor in Newark, New Jersey; a litigation affiliate at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz; and a regulation clerk to Decide Diarmuid F. O’Scannlain of the U.S. Court docket of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. You possibly can join with David on Twitter (@DavidLat), LinkedIn, and Facebook, and you’ll attain him by e-mail at [email protected].